6.11.2009

While I've been away....

Hi All!
So it's been a good bit since I last posted. The main reason for that is I don't currently have a computer at home, so I have to bother my friends to use theirs (mine is still in New York with Matt). Not to mention for the past 4 weeks I've been "single mama" while Matt wraps up his fellowship in Rochester. Thankfully he'll be back in Memphis in 2 weeks and we start living like a normal family again. Well...as normal as can be expected.
So what's been going on....if you don't already know, we're back home in Memphis (yay!) and of course living back on the island. We're renting a place until we can agree on a house to buy. I'm working at Vascular Transplant Services in Millington and love what I do....I just wish I was doing it more. Guess you can't have it all. Matt starts his job on July 15 and he's really looking forward to it and has a lot of great ideas on how to grow the business. He'll have a couple of well-deserved weeks off before he starts to get some much needed R & R.
Jackson is thriving at his new school - he's made new friends and the teachers are wonderful. He gets to do splash day every Thursday and the ice cream truck visits them every Friday. He's adjusted very well - I think he likes being home too :-). I'll get some pictures up as soon I get a computer.
Later!

No comments:

About Me

WELCOME! Our little family includes me, my hubby Matt, our son Jackson, and the pups Athena and Mojito. Day in and day out, we live a pretty normal life. This year we just happend to be living it in sub-zero temps in upstate NY, but that's changing in a few short months and we're heading back home to Memphis :). A few basic, but nontheless pertinent facts about me that you should know...I find cheese and crackers to be a perfectly acceptable dinner when I'm by myself, ice cream can be eaten any time of the day, cold weather is only good for skiing, animals have souls, flip flops are my favorite shoe, Jackson's laugh can make my day all better no matter what, fried okra is my favorite, someday I want to be permanently settled on a body of water, scuba diving is my favorite outdoor activity, 80's movies are awesome, I have the best friends and most wonderful family, if our next baby is a girl we're done, I want a Mac laptop, I get my love of cooking from my Grandad, and I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up...all in all, pretty basic stuff. Thanks for stopping by